Black Survivors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time for me to stop looking back!

2 posters

Go down

Time for me to stop looking back! Empty Time for me to stop looking back!

Post  Moving forward Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:43 am

I haven't been on the board in awhile and things have been so so in my life. Nothing to write home about..so to speak. Anyway...Not more than a few months ago, I was driving to work just like any other day. Not one thing in my mind telling me (It's possible I might DIE today). I read the word of God and typically use scriptures in my walk of life. The one I need to use more is (GOD WILLING). So to the point...my drive was normal until I drove across this bridge. The bridge was covered with ICE. the second I got onto it I began to slide across that bridge doing about 65 mph. Spinning in 360's 180's, totally out of control. As with many traumatic events, things slowed down and there was absolute QUIET during this event. It appeared that I had a quick discussion with GOD. Though he had nothing to say...knowing I had been doing wrong by him and in my life. So I quickly asked for forgiveness and the one thing I did not want to happen was to DIE on this bridge. I finally crashed my vehicle into the side rail. Witnessed other cars approaching attempting to avoid me. Eyes covered and scared to death. This was my day to die or become seriously injured. Though it did not happen. I was able to drive away, as GOD has always provided grace and mercy over me from the day I was born.

So with all that was said..I made up in my mind, that I would (really MOVE FORWARD in LIFE). I said a prayer and forgave my father. I contacted my step fathers and forgave them. Anyone I did not trust I contacted them and made amends. The way I figure it ...Life is a journey. We are going to have ups and downs. You never will know when its your TIME to check out. CHRIST has been teaching us about FORGIVENESS for a long time. This time, I'm paying attention.

I understand there is a healing process, I have been dealing with it for many years. The one area that always seemed aloft was true FORGIVENESS. When its my time to die, I want to know that I was happy, loved life, loved my family and treated them with respect, and that I was someone that was able to endure much destruction and yet come out on top. One of my favorite lines is' GET BUSY LIVING or GET BUSY DYING. For me, it's time to LIVE.
My father has been dead for 7 years now. The horrible event took place when I was 6 years of age. I'm now 44. I can no longer give my father, and he is dead as mentioned, that kind of POWER over my life.

Moving forward

Back to top Go down

Time for me to stop looking back! Empty RE: Time for me to stop looking back

Post  Admin Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:01 pm

I am soooooooooo happy for you! And glad that you are still here to share your testimony!!!
So many of us punish ourselves and stop living life to the fullest when something traumatic happens to us, so I give thanks for your resilence!!!

Moving forward wrote:I haven't been on the board in awhile and things have been so so in my life. Nothing to write home about..so to speak. Anyway...Not more than a few months ago, I was driving to work just like any other day. Not one thing in my mind telling me (It's possible I might DIE today). I read the word of God and typically use scriptures in my walk of life. The one I need to use more is (GOD WILLING). So to the point...my drive was normal until I drove across this bridge. The bridge was covered with ICE. the second I got onto it I began to slide across that bridge doing about 65 mph. Spinning in 360's 180's, totally out of control. As with many traumatic events, things slowed down and there was absolute QUIET during this event. It appeared that I had a quick discussion with GOD. Though he had nothing to say...knowing I had been doing wrong by him and in my life. So I quickly asked for forgiveness and the one thing I did not want to happen was to DIE on this bridge. I finally crashed my vehicle into the side rail. Witnessed other cars approaching attempting to avoid me. Eyes covered and scared to death. This was my day to die or become seriously injured. Though it did not happen. I was able to drive away, as GOD has always provided grace and mercy over me from the day I was born.

So with all that was said..I made up in my mind, that I would (really MOVE FORWARD in LIFE). I said a prayer and forgave my father. I contacted my step fathers and forgave them. Anyone I did not trust I contacted them and made amends. The way I figure it ...Life is a journey. We are going to have ups and downs. You never will know when its your TIME to check out. CHRIST has been teaching us about FORGIVENESS for a long time. This time, I'm paying attention.

I understand there is a healing process, I have been dealing with it for many years. The one area that always seemed aloft was true FORGIVENESS. When its my time to die, I want to know that I was happy, loved life, loved my family and treated them with respect, and that I was someone that was able to endure much destruction and yet come out on top. One of my favorite lines is' GET BUSY LIVING or GET BUSY DYING. For me, it's time to LIVE.
My father has been dead for 7 years now. The horrible event took place when I was 6 years of age. I'm now 44. I can no longer give my father, and he is dead as mentioned, that kind of POWER over my life.

Admin
Admin

https://blacksurvivors.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down