Black Survivors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE BROKEN ROAD BOOK

2 posters

Go down

THE BROKEN ROAD BOOK Empty THE BROKEN ROAD BOOK

Post  paigewalker15 Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:29 pm

Dear Black Sexual Abuse Survivors, my name is Paige Walker, I am a Registered Nurse, and single mom of an 11year old living in Auckland New Zealand.

Sexual abuse is undoubtedly every mother's worst nightmare and mothers need healing and support too.
I would like to share my story and book with you as I think you might be interested in this as it is, I believe the first written from a mothers perspective in New Zealand.

Three years ago I found out that my daughter then only 8 years old had been sexually abused by my best friend's husband. I took it to court and won our case, but he was given special consideration and only received 12months home detention as he was 63 years old as they said he wouldn't cope with a jail sentence.

As a survivor (MOTHER) I decided to write a book of my experience as I felt it was important that the trauma pain and suffering mothers go though is validated and given a voice.

My book details the affect my daughter's sexual abuse had on me, but it is also designed as a self help/tool for new parents trying to find their way through this ordeal as I did as it includes a detailed list of organisations affiliated with child sexual abuse for easy access and help.

My passion is to highlight the traumatic affects of abuse and help break the silence on Sexual Abuse as it is rapidly becoming a world wide epidemic and it needs to be addressed especially here in New Zealand.

THE BROKEN ROAD by Paige Walker is a moving story of a mother's strength and courage as she dealt with the betrayal, anger and trauma from the sexual abuse of her daughter at the hands of her best friend’s husband. It moves through the emotional journey of her need to seek revenge and justice but instead found acceptance and forgiveness of her daughter's perpetrator.

Its a true testimony of healing from abuse.

Thank You
Kindest Regards.
Paige Walker.

paigewalker15

Back to top Go down

THE BROKEN ROAD BOOK Empty Your Inspiration

Post  UniqueVizunz Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi Paige,
Thank you for sharing your personal story with us. I am not a mother of a victim of sexual abuse, however, I am a survivor of this horrific crime. I was sexually abused by my father. My mother did not have any idea that this was taking place. She didn't find out until I was an adult. I commend you for standing up as a parent and making a difference by discussing your personal story about your daughter and by encouraging others to learn and raise awareness. In my efforts to raise awareness, I produced an autobiographical documentary in 2010 about my personal story. My goal was to help at least one person move forward from this debilitating crime and epidemic. I know that I have touched some lives through it and encouraged people to do what is needed to overcome their abuse. I know that your book will help millions of parents going through this as well. I hope that you and your daughter continue to make positive strives in the journey of healing. I pray that you continue to be an inspiration for parents that are going through this trauma.

If you are interested, here are two links to my documentary, Part I and Part II.

https://youtu.be/1R6xQmiJqas

https://youtu.be/NoHLYsVTCHk

Unique Vizunz

UniqueVizunz

Back to top Go down