Black Survivors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seattle by way of introduction

3 posters

Go down

Seattle by way of introduction Empty Seattle by way of introduction

Post  richb Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:46 am

I'm a Black man in Seattle, Washington. I grew up dirt poor in the public projects here, went to and dropped out of a white high school, got into the "life" and did the crime and the time and abused drugs, alcohol, people and life in general until I crashed and burned out as a 35-year-old alcoholic. I then got in the AA program and went to work on the problem: ME. One of the steps of the 12-step AA program is to do a fearless and through moral inventory of ones self. So I acknowledged to myself I was sexually abused as a child - I'd never told anyone. I've been in recovery for 28 years. The only way to it is back through it.
AND, then my son told me that when he was 13-years-old and ran away from home he was raped.

richb

Back to top Go down

Seattle by way of introduction Empty Words cannot express

Post  Friend428 Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:35 pm

My God, I'm so sorry you had to deal with this twice. How do/did you deal with this? Is your son ok? How are both of you doing?

Friend428

Back to top Go down

Seattle by way of introduction Empty Glad you found us

Post  aworthy Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:56 pm

Hello Richb,

Sounds like there are a lot of things going through your mind. I'm glad you found us, and I hope we can provide you with the help that you need. In fact, how can we best serve you?

aworthy

Back to top Go down

Seattle by way of introduction Empty Re: Seattle by way of introduction

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down