Black Survivors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Is Child Abuse Awareness Month

Go down

April Is Child Abuse Awareness Month Empty April Is Child Abuse Awareness Month

Post  UniqueVizunz Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:39 pm

April is Child Abuse Awareness Month here in the United States (October is Child Abuse Awareness Month in Canada). Many people don't know this and I feel that it is very important for people, especially for everyone in the Black Survivors forum to know. Child Abuse and Child Abuse Awareness covers both physical and sexual abuse. Here are a few facts about child abuse that we all should be aware of.

1 in every 6 boys and 1 in every 4 girls are sexually abused before their 18th birthday.
Nearly 240 children are sexually abused everyday in the United States.
90% of the time a child is sexually abuse by someone they know., a parent, teacher, another relative, family friend, etc.
80% of perpetrators of both sexual and physical abuse are parents (birth, adoptive, and stepparents).

The color for child abuse awareness month is blue. So, in solidarity for those that have suffered from child abuse, please wear the color blue and let people know why your wearing it! You don't have to wear it all month, pick a day a be proud as you are wearing this color to signify your support to spread awareness about child abuse. As a survivor, I feel that it is very important to continue to spread awareness about this epidemic the best way I know how and through whatever avenues possible. This is one of those avenues and I hope that we all decide to find a way to spread the word about child abuse.

Blessings To All,

Unique Vizunz

UniqueVizunz

Back to top Go down