Black Survivors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am A Survivor

Go down

I am A Survivor Empty I am A Survivor

Post  truedeliverance Mon May 09, 2011 9:55 am

My name is Katrima and I am 31 years old. As a mother and concerned citizen, I want to heighten the awareness of school aged children regarding child molestation. By sharing my personal experiences as a child victimized by abuse, I hope to prevent the debilitating trauma caused by abuse.

I was born in Daytona Beach, Fl. From the age of 8 until I was 15, I was molested by my step grandfather. Although he died when I was 16, my mental trauma continued. By the age of 16, I was an alcoholic; by age 17, -- a school dropout, and by age 18, -- pregnant. I delivered my first child at age 19.

Although my tormentor was not there physically, the sickening memory continued to haunt me. I had nightmares and visions of past sexual episodes with my step grandfather, and cousin's on a nightly basis. Sometimes I would dream of dying in my sleep. At other times I dreamed that my grandfather was chasing me or smothering me while I slept.

To escape from the constant nightmares, I started to drink heavily to make all of my problems go away.

In the beginning, I was quiet although filled with rage. People were constantly picking on me and trying to provoke me to fight. Finally I got pushed into a fight. I found that fighting was a way to release all my anger. Soon I arranged for people to set up fights for me which caused me to be in constant trouble.

Living with being molested may cause depression, hate, anger, sexual diseases, alcohol, drugs, prostitution, homosexuality, suicide, homelessness, prison time, being cold hearted, loneliness, bad dreams, panic attacks, being a school drop-out, a quitter, low confidence, and low self esteem.

I experienced a number of these conditions and would still be in a bad state were it not for deliverance through Jesus Christ. Through the gospel of Jesus Christ I have changed my life and my character. I’m married now with four beautiful kids with the help of the Lord on my side.

My goal is to help children who may be suffering because of sexual abuse, but are afraid to speak out due to family threats and punishment. Through my presentations, children will be given the opportunity to privately speak and reveal abuse that they may be experiencing. I would like to help others change their lives as I have. Through listening to my experiences, I am hopeful that children and teenagers will be encouraged to speak out against those who abuse them. Think of the future leaders, scientists, mathematicians, engineers, evangelists, teachers that may never realize their true potential because of molestation from those in whom they place their trust.

Through interaction with those experiencing abuse, a new way of thinking and approaching the situation may be developed. I am available to set up presentations. Together we can expose and help those who are living with child molestation and sexual abuse.

Thank You,
Katrima

truedeliverance

Back to top Go down