Black Survivors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Who I Was Than and Who I Am Today

3 posters

Go down

Sharing Who I Was Than and Who I Am Today Empty Sharing Who I Was Than and Who I Am Today

Post  StrongandBlessed Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:38 am

I am a 42 year old black business that experienced several forms of abuse at a early age. Physical, Mental, Emotional and Sexual abuse from the hands of my three parents (mother, father, step-father) and others. I became a woman before I could learn to be a child and it destroyed who I was at that time. I went from being my step-father pet to being his whore as he puts it, being sold to men for his pleasure and having a mother that left me with this monster knowing what he was doing to me. Being pregnant by him and shuffled off to have secret abortions. Being beat if I refused him or anyone else, constantly running away, but I was brought back to with people knowing what was going on. The only way I saw getting out of my abuse was to kill myself. I spent 8 years of my life not knowing whether I was going or coming and being afraid, because no one would help me. Finally someone heard me it was ex-boyfriend that threaten to kill my step-father if he ever touched me again and with that the courage to started to shine in me. I refused and fought him with all my might and he became afraid, because I started to win. Then it finally happened he gave me a STD that sent me to the hospital very sick and that when everything came out about what was happening to me. At one point I thought that wow I can finally heal and live my life, but it wasn't over like I thought. I had to deal with abuse from the courts and then my mother. I remember her saying to me that "If I wasn't trying to be her it wouldn't have happened", and all the hurt anger that I felt in my heart became pure rage toward everyone in my life. I fought my way back and now today I am a strong black, beautiful and blessed woman.
StrongandBlessed
StrongandBlessed

Back to top Go down

Sharing Who I Was Than and Who I Am Today Empty Re: Sharing Who I Was Than and Who I Am Today

Post  StrongandBlessed Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:40 am

StrongandBlessed wrote:I am a 42 year old black business that experienced several forms of abuse at a early age. Physical, Mental, Emotional and Sexual abuse from the hands of my three parents (mother, father, step-father) and others. I became a woman before I could learn to be a child and it destroyed who I was at that time. I went from being my step-father pet to being his whore as he puts it, being sold to men for his pleasure and having a mother that left me with this monster knowing what he was doing to me. Being pregnant by him and shuffled off to have secret abortions. Being beat if I refused him or anyone else, constantly running away, but I was brought back to with people knowing what was going on. The only way I saw getting out of my abuse was to kill myself. I spent 8 years of my life not knowing whether I was going or coming and being afraid, because no one would help me. Finally someone heard me it was ex-boyfriend that threaten to kill my step-father if he ever touched me again and with that the courage to started to shine in me. I refused and fought him with all my might and he became afraid, because I started to win. Then it finally happened he gave me a STD that sent me to the hospital very sick and that when everything came out about what was happening to me. At one point I thought that wow I can finally heal and live my life, but it wasn't over like I thought. I had to deal with abuse from the courts and then my mother. I remember her saying to me that "If I wasn't trying to be her it wouldn't have happened", and all the hurt anger that I felt in my heart became pure rage toward everyone in my life. I fought my way back and now today I am a strong black, beautiful and blessed woman.
StrongandBlessed
StrongandBlessed

Back to top Go down

Sharing Who I Was Than and Who I Am Today Empty Welcome Strong & Blessed!

Post  Admin Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:46 am

What a testimony!!!! I admire your courage to both survive & share your story! How powerful! I love the fact that you're an entrepreneur, but I can only imagine the emotional fight it has taken to get to this point. I am glad you are here and found reason for living! I'm looking forward to your future posts.

Admin
Admin

https://blacksurvivors.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sharing Who I Was Than and Who I Am Today Empty wow

Post  heavysoul12 Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:15 pm

wow lady, u are one strong woman. U have gone through things i can not even imagine having to go through...and I went through a lot. I admire your strength and courage. U are dealing with some similar issues as me (parents knowing about the abuse). How do you deal with that?

heavysoul12

Back to top Go down

Sharing Who I Was Than and Who I Am Today Empty Re: Sharing Who I Was Than and Who I Am Today

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down