Black Survivors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having issues

2 posters

Go down

Having issues Empty Having issues

Post  Friend428 Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Ever since I poured out my shame here, I've been having issues. Anger is one of the emotion that I've been feeling lately. Depression is another one. I've been depressed before, and it usually last till February. Not this time. It lasted until this month. Sometimes I want to cry. I don't know what going to hit me next. As I write this stuff out and then look at it several days later, I am hurt at what I see, but strangely I feel better. The mood swings are almost intorleratable. Is this normal?

Friend428

Back to top Go down

Having issues Empty Very normal

Post  aworthy Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:25 am

Mood swings, depression, low self esteem, trust issues. self sabatoge, anger, social alienation, sexual problems, physical ailments...Yes, they are all normal. You are normal. Dealing with all of these negatives has been normal for you, for so long. Now you are looking to create a new normal. It sounds like your feelings are intense at times and being able to regulate them will be a big part of your recovery.

For right now develop the habit of asking yourself what you are feeling at different times of the day. Once you've run through the common feelings, take notice if and when you are feeling something in particular. Make a note of the feeling and try to identify what may have triggered it.

Remember, now that you've survived the abuse the worst part of it is over. As an adult you have new capabilities, new choices and the option to have much more control over your life. Be open to new ideas and understandings of what you've experienced. You are headed in the right direction. I know it's a very bumpy path, and one that seems to go uphill, but that's ok, you are making great progress...Keep going...

aworthy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum