Black Survivors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helping others

2 posters

Go down

Helping others Empty Helping others

Post  Adje Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:22 pm

I found that in my recovery, helping others - either sexual abuse survivors or education in sexual abuse prevention - has been very effective in my recovery. Before I reached out to connect with other survivors, I felt alone and isolated in my recovery.

My recovery includes working with Black Survivors and donating to RAINN. However, I believe that just supporting and helping others in general can show us how beautiful the human race and life can be for all of us - healing our wounds and strengthening our connection with the greatness of being alive and at peace.

Question: Have you integrated support for others in need into your healing? If so, please feel free to share how.....

Adje

Back to top Go down

Helping others Empty Helping Others

Post  aworthy Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:24 pm

The more I share my experience with others, the more they are willing to share with me. Whenever I am able to help, coach, educate or speak to survivors I am all over it. I am considering starting a virtual meetup group, where we can get together weekly, via phone and support one another.

aworthy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum