Black Survivors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Courage to Heal by Laura Davis

2 posters

Go down

The Courage to Heal by Laura Davis Empty The Courage to Heal by Laura Davis

Post  Delacey Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:12 pm

Hello Everyone,

My name is Delacey and I am new to the group. I read some of the post's on the forum and would like to take your advice of reading 'The Courage to Heal' by Laura Davis. I tried to purchase one online but because of where I am located (Caribbean) I am unable to get one.

I was wondering if anyone was willing to purchase a copy second hand and have a check posted out to you to receive a copy, alternatively I am open to other suggestions to begin my process of healing.

Thanking you all
Delacey~

Delacey

Back to top Go down

The Courage to Heal by Laura Davis Empty RE: Purchase of Courage to Heal

Post  Admin Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:59 am

Hi Delancey!
Welcome! Did you try Amazon.com? If not, you can go to your local bookstore & ask them to order it for you. Most have the capability to do that for you, especially the larger chain bookstores.

Sylvia

Admin
Admin

https://blacksurvivors.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Courage to Heal by Laura Davis Empty Purchase of Courage to Heal

Post  Delacey Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:11 pm

Hello Sylvia!

Thank you...- Yes I did try Amazon but they will not deliver to my address, I am based in the Caribbean so access to main bookstores is a little difficult from here, however I will go to my local Christian Bookstore who may be able to help me, great idea! Thank you,

What otherways do you suggest would be helpful in healing in the midst of things?....

Great to hear from you
Delacey....

Delacey

Back to top Go down

The Courage to Heal by Laura Davis Empty Courage to Heal & Other ways to heal

Post  Admin Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:19 am

I would explore joining or starting a support group for sexual abuse survivors. I can't emphasize this enough, it is VERY, VERY important to keep talking about the abuse, especially when you first begin the recovery process. This is one of the MOST POWERFUL ways to heal. Believe it or not, the more you talk about it, the less shameful you feel & the more empowered you become. This web site is a great forum to do that as well. Also, getting the right therapist can really help. Sometimes you have to keep trying until you get the right one. Healing also depends on where you're at at this point in your life. I used alot of wholistic modalities in addition to therapy & support group. Some great ones include: hypnotherapy, amanae & reiki. Check out the complete Resource list on the main site for more information on these: www.blacksurvivors.org. Unfortunately, there is no magic pill to heal, but it will require you to 1) be patient with the recovery process 2) be open to try different methods of healing 3) persistence; in other words, sticking with a particular healing method for a few weeks or a few months before you move on to something else (people rarely see change or feel comfortable on the first try)....Also journaling is very good.

------------------
Delacey wrote:Hello Sylvia!

Thank you...- Yes I did try Amazon but they will not deliver to my address, I am based in the Caribbean so access to main bookstores is a little difficult from here, however I will go to my local Christian Bookstore who may be able to help me, great idea! Thank you,

What otherways do you suggest would be helpful in healing in the midst of things?....

Great to hear from you
Delacey....

Admin
Admin

https://blacksurvivors.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Courage to Heal by Laura Davis Empty Re: The Courage to Heal by Laura Davis

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum