Black Survivors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A technique that I am trying

3 posters

Go down

A technique that I am trying Empty A technique that I am trying

Post  santacruz1997 Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Hello Admin and other members, have not been online awhile. Times are emotionally and physically stressing for us all, just cling to the faith and hope that has brought you thus far.

I have started using EFT, a technique using tapping while stating the issue(s) one has.

I am working on insomnia/depression/shame that are connected with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). I have had years of therapy and alternative therapy without resolving those two issues especially.

While trying it daily, even several times a day, I had had pain in my neck for years and it went away.

Being in another country, Mexico, feelings of not belonging and non acceptance, issues from being the child of a black man/white woman, being black, and being abused, I have been forced to deal with these issues on a daily basis, but with EFT, the physical pain of past and present rejection has come from a 10 to about a 5 in EFT talk.

I was feeling so hopeless that at 69 yrs of age, I am still reacting like that little girl, 60+ yrs ago and so EFT has been a God send for me.

I hope it will assist you in finding some resolution for your deep pain. The site: http://www.eftuniverse.com/ is free to read with some videos.

Peace/Love, Santacruz

santacruz1997

Back to top Go down

A technique that I am trying Empty RE: A technique I'm trying...

Post  Admin Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:15 am

Thank you for posting Santacruz. As you know, I'm a HUGE advocate of holistic techniques to heal PTSD. I love EFT!

Admin
Admin

https://blacksurvivors.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A technique that I am trying Empty Another thought I had reading posts

Post  santacruz1997 Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:46 pm

To Admin and all

When you attend any self help group for sexual abuse survivors, Al-Anon or whatever the problem you are seeking help for, remember that it will not feel "good" because some of us have kept the "secret" for so long, it is our baby so to speak.

Old timers may look all happy and talkative like they have no problems, but they came in the door of that meeting the same way you are, with fears and feelings of hopelessness, but also a feeling that I want to stop this mess in my life. It has to start somewhere with a phone call or meeting. You really do have to do something.

You will not like somethings that you hear that you need to do, your "ego" will rebel, you may say, they do not know how I have suffered, how my life is a mess? But you must endure until you get an understanding and as you grow, you will help all those around you.

Take the first step toward your healing!

Santacruz

santacruz1997

Back to top Go down

A technique that I am trying Empty How Did it Go?

Post  aworthy Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:42 pm

Hello Santacruz,

It's been a long time, but I just wanted to check in with you. Did the EFT meet your expectations?

aworthy

Back to top Go down

A technique that I am trying Empty Re: A technique that I am trying

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum