Black Survivors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the story with my mom

Go down

the story with my mom Empty the story with my mom

Post  Admin Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:55 am

First, let me start off by saying I love my mom. She has become one of my biggest supporters in my recovery from sexual abuse, which is why I can't understand her recent actions. Last week, my mother went to the library to use the computer. She waited patiently for the man in front of her to finish, then she hopped on. Apparently, the man forgot to close the program he was using, so my mother decided she would simply close it for him. By this time, the man had wondered to another part of the library to browse around. When my mother opened the file he was working on, she was stunned to find images of half-dressed little girls photographed in a seductive manner. Immediately, my mother jumped up from the computer to tell the librarian. The librarian said there was nothing she could do, so my mother suggested she call the police while the man was still in the library. The librarian refused, giving more ridiculous excuses for the man for whatever reason. After my mother finished relaying this story to me, I asked her why she didn't simply call the police herself when the librarian refused? (Let me also add that even if the man had left the library, the police could have still caught him by tracking him through the computer. In order to use the computer at the library, you have to have a library card and user ID for the computer.) My mother said she got "side-tracked" by work she had to do on the computer, but admitted in retrospect she should have taken the time out to call herself. Now mind you, my mother has been under alot of job-related stress lately, but I told her she dropped the ball on this one, and may have let a child predator escape. I was really upset and let her know so too. She said she would do things differently next time, thank God!!! But, I still can't help but think about there being one more predator on the loose....Anyway, whenever possible, let's try to educate or call our relatives on stuff like this. Otherwise, who will?

Admin
Admin

https://blacksurvivors.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum