Black Survivors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I breathe again?

2 posters

Go down

How do I breathe again? Empty How do I breathe again?

Post  dawas Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:41 am

How do I breathe again and pick up torn up pieces of my life and recover from being molested from age 15 to 17 by family member. How do I get rid of all this garbage and learn how to love?

dawas

Back to top Go down

How do I breathe again? Empty Suppressed Lungs

Post  UniqueVizunz Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:12 am

Hello Dawas,

First let me apologize as it has taken so long for someone to get back to you. Breathing is life. If you weren't breathing you would not have been able to write this post. Breathing is simple, the affects from the abuse is what has you suppressed. My point here is that I don't want you to feel as if you are not alive. You are. You just need some encouragement, hope, faith, courage, and determination to overcome what happened to you. I often tell people, you have to want to feel the joy of healing more than you feel the pain of abuse. No, it is not that simple. I know. I've been through it myself. But once I decided and made things Non Negotiable (term borrowed from the Great Lisa Nichols), in my decision to get better, that is when the journey of joy began. Yes, there were hard times but once I started to take those steps to feel joy for healing over the pain of abuse things started to change.

I encourage you to challenge yourself to take steps to begin by first feeling and knowing you are alive. Take some deep breaths and exhale. Then I encourage you to journal your thoughts, seek professional counseling/therapy, join support groups, increase your personal relationship with a high power. Believe me, things will begin to turn around for you and your breathing will no longer be suppressed.

UniqueVizunz

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum