Black Survivors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you ever just get over it ?

2 posters

Go down

Do you ever just get over it ?  Empty Do you ever just get over it ?

Post  wonderfully Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:29 pm

My sister and my mother have said and eluded to the fact that I just need to "get over it". BUT IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE.
wonderfully
wonderfully

Back to top Go down

Do you ever just get over it ?  Empty NO, IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE!

Post  UniqueVizunz Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi Wonderfully,
No, it's not just that simple. I myself have suffered from sexual abuse and often feel that people that have not endured this unfortunate and hideous violation cannot comprehend, nor do they want to comprehend what being sexually abused means. Its unfortunate that the people you want to understand and sympathize with you basically seem to get tired of hearing about it. They will never understand the emotional, mental, and physical pain that you have endured and are still suffering. Fortunately, for you, you have the capabilities of wanting to just get over it. But it's up to you. I recommend seeking professional help where you can sit and release your feelings about the abuse, about your mom, and about your sister and how they make you feel, without judgement. Perhaps just having someone listen to you without eluding to the fact of you just getting over it, will help you actually move forward. Releasing how you feel is a major step. Once you take the journey for yourself, then you can have a candid conversation with your loved ones to tell them how you feel about what happened, and about how they made you feel by basically ignoring your feelings. Take care of you first, then you will definitely be able to move forward.

UniqueVizunz

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum